A Million Dollar Taste of Tuyo Pasta in Oil Olive
Are you familiar with the taste of it?
Do tuyo match with a pasta recipe?
And the answer is yes, of course! It is amazing and super tasty at the same time. If you are a fan of little salty food then this is your food soon be favorite and also if you like spicy then you must enjoy every bite and chewing moment with spicy tuyo in olive oil.
Table of Contents
What is tuyo pasta?
It is a pasta recipe made with spaghetti noodles in al dente and a sauce sauteed with a shredded tuyo or gourmet tuyo, chili flakes, grilled tomato, minced garlic, and based olive oil. Topped with parmesan cheese and any herbs available.
Where is tuyo made from?
It is made from tamban or herring fish. Wash, drain, add salt and dry in the sun until it is ready for harvest. You can buy tuyo or dried herring fish in the market that are sold by kilo or in a pack.
And for gourmet tuyo, it is preserved with corn or olive oil added with vegetables like carrots, garlic, bay leaf and red chilli.
Tuyo is the best and number 1 choice of every Filipino during meal time especially in the breakfasts alongside with fried rice and beaten egg and tomatoes. Tuyo helps to boost appetite when served at the table because of its taste that makes you crave more of it. That is why some got an idea how about making a pasta with tuyo in it? Why not? It is delicious and practical to eat gourmet or fried tuyo with rice only. So satisfying to imagine!
The best gourmet food I can recommend is from R Kitchen. They have this gourmet dish which is preserved with olive oil and tuyo is already boneless.
The difference between gourmet and tuyo in the market for tuyo pasta recipe.
the taste is not salty as expected. The taste also depends on the oil used, such as corn oil or olive oil. Some are debone totally, others are not.
Tuyo in the market
Fried herring or tamban in the market is fresh and full of tiny fish bones. If you choose tuyo in the market, you need some time to debone and shred it by hand one by one to ensure its quality. It is a bit salty, that is why when using it for pasta tuyo in oil you don’t need to add salt to, just skip to black pepper only to avoid too much salt.
Spicy Tuyo Pasta in Olive Oil Ingredients
- Spaghetti Noodles – Al Dente 800 grams
- Tomato -Grilled and chopped, 10 to 15 pcs
- Garlic- Minced 1 head
- Black Olives- Ring sliced
- Chilli flakes – 1 tablespoon or more
- Gourmet Tuyo / Fresh Tuyo from the market – shredded and debone
- Butter or premium margarine
- Olive oil – 250ml or more
- Parmesan cheese- garnish on top
How to Make a Tuyo Pasta Sauce?
- Heat the pan and add butter.
- After the butter melted, follow the olive oil to slow down the turning point.
- Sautee the shredded gourmet/tuyo until crisp in low heat.
- Add black olives and grilled tomato then mix to incorporate all the flavor.
- Put the minced garlic and add salt or pepper.
- Pour a cup of olive oil into the sauce base. Measurement depends on your taste.
- For the finale, taste your sauce and add if you think something is missing in the taste.
Tips for Making Tuyo Pasta A Million Dollar Taste For the First-timer
- Mix the noodles and the sauce all together before serving.
- Spaghetti Noodles need to be cooked al dente to preserve their quality and avoid being cut into pieces when mixing with the sauce as overcooked tends to be.
- Use pasta tools for mixing pasta with the sauce.
- Use tuyo which is deboned to avoid any inconvenience and lesser time in preparing ingredients.
- The more sauce ingredients the more tasteful it is!
- Served with chilled wine!
Watch video here for reference.